With such a significant property portfolio, Asset Management is a fundamental part of our business.
Recent examples of active Asset Management initiatives include:
Case Study 1 – Malvern Shopping Park
- A 20,000 sq ft extension on the former garden centre site at Malvern Shopping Park let to Café Nero, Carphone Warehouse, Poundland and Card Factory.
- A recently submitted planning application adjacent to Boots for an additional 6,000 sq ft.
- Creation of an overflow car park.
- Improved signage.
- Re-configuring and re-surfacing of the existing car park to provide additional spaces.
- Charity events, for example, Community Action Malvern & District.
- High speed fibre broadband provided by upgrading technology.
Case Study 2 – Chester Retail Park
- Major frontage improvement works.
- Break up and re-letting of the former JJB unit for Peacocks and Maplin.
- Commercialisation initiatives within the car park. For example, Christmas roadshows, smart recycling, new food/coffee concepts.
Case Study 3 – Eastgate Retail Park
- Re-letting of Unit J to Poundland.
- Commercialisation initiatives.
Case Study 4 – Manchester Trade Park
- Trade counter frontage extension along with an upgrade to the frontages across the whole Park.
Case Study 5 - General Initiatives
- Creation of websites specific to each park.
- Introduction of new food and leisure concepts.
- Improving our convenience offer, for example, Click and Collect.
- Creating places people prefer drives enduring demand for our retail parks. This generates long term growth in rents and capital value, together with an optimal capital structure this delivers sustainable long term value.
- We apply the same principles in all of our development activities.